We get asked that question from time to time. We generally do not take monetary donations. We do not ask for monetary donations or "Love Offering" either, even when speaking at a church or organization. Churches are always surprised to hear that too. So, how can you support Strait Ministries?
- Prayer. This is the biggest need we have. We are firm believers in the power of prayer and take 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 seriously. There are many ups and downs as a missionary, and we must continue to do as those verses tell us.
- Purchase the “Love Our Vets. Restoring Hope for Families of Veterans with PTSD” book. Then you can donate that book to a veteran’s family, to a veteran service center, a local library, veterans service organization, or to your local church library.
- Support the US Military, Veterans, and families. Show this support by flying the USA flag. Standing for the National Anthem. Pay for a veteran’s meal. Help a veterans and his/her family with an unmet need. Volunteer at your local vet hospital or VA clinic.
- Send us an email or card of support and encouragement.
- Give us a phone call. We would love to sit and chat.
- Give our contact information to your church and ask them to invite us in to speak. Again, we do not ask for money so please let them know that. Ask them to call or email us so we can begin a dialogue. We can help the church start up a military/veteran outreach or ministry.
- Give our contact information to other groups and friends. If there is an interest there for creating a support group, then we can come out and help start one up.
- Give our contact information to a group or organization that is organizing a conference that talks about PTSD, military, and veteran’s issues.